Waterjet Cutting With Remarkable Precision
Nifty Bar Grinding and Cutting Solutions, Inc. provides abrasive waterjet cutting services for production of precision blanks, near net shape parts, and completely finished components in prototype through production quantities.
Architectural Waterjet Cutting
Nifty Bar provides abrasive waterjet cutting services for the production of architectural elements including:
- Fireplace Doors
- Floor and Wall Graphics
- Grilles and Screens
- Tile Patterns and Borders
- Inlay Work on Various Materials
Abrasive waterjet cutting uses a high-pressure stream of water and garnet particles to cut through materials without heat. This technology offers many benefits compared to alternative technologies such as flame cutting, plasma cutting, laser cutting, or conventional machining. For producing component parts these benefits include:
- Capability to make one or thousands of parts as needed
- Reduced material costs through narrow kerfs and part nesting
- No thermal distortion or hardening
- Minimal part stress
- Elimination of tooling and fixtures
- Smooth finished edges
- Ability to cut hardened materials
- Ability to cut highly reflective materials
- Reduction or elimination of secondary operations
- Environmentally-friendly process
- Capability to self pierce start holes
- No heat distortion or discoloration
- Accurate and repeatable reproduction of fine details
- Allows processing of brittle materials without chipping
Speed and Economy
Abrasive waterjet technology makes it possible to quickly and economically realize simple or complex designs in the exact quantities needed for your project. We can produce elements in aluminum, cast iron, ceramics, composites, copper, glass, granite, marble, steel, stainless steel, wood, rubber, urethane, and other types of materials.
Maximum Material Flexibility
Nifty Bar can produce products in aluminum, cast iron, composites, copper, glass, plastics, rubber, stainless steel, steel, titanium, and many other types of materials. This includes traceable raw materials and blanks to your exact specifications through our network of qualified suppliers. We can also process customer supplied blanks, castings, forgings, and weldments.
Our abrasive waterjet cutting equipment provides a 72" x 144" cutting envelope and can achieve tolerances of up to ± 0.005" with minimal taper.
Choice of Finishes
We can provide deburring, tumbling, bead blasting, brushing, heat treatment, cleaning, sanding, polishing, plating, and other post processing or finishing operations as required for your project. Please contact us to discuss your applications in detail. Nifty Bar Grinding and Cutting Solutions, Inc. provides abrasive waterjet cutting services for production of precision blanks, near net shape parts, and completely finished components in prototype through production quantities.
Industries Served by Waterjet Cutting
- Food Industry
- Home Construction/Remodeling
- Interior Design